- Start Date: Tuesday January 15
- End Date: Thursday April 04
- Start Time: 06:30PM
- Location: Metepenagiag Heritage Park Conference Room, 2156 Micmac Road, Metepenagiag (Red Bank), New Brunswick E9E 2P2
- Phone Number: Patricia Dunnett (George Paul) - 1-506-251-5566
- Event Website: Website
Mi'kmaq Language Course (Conversational) at the Metepenagiag Heritage Park
Tuesdays and Thursdays - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
From Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 to Thursday, April 4th, 2019
Metepenagiag Heritage Park Conference Room
2156 Micmac Road, Metepenagiag (Red Bank), New Brunswick E9E 2P2
This is an evening course for adults only, you are welcome whether you are First Nations or not.
Instructor is George Paul.
Contact and sign up as soon as possible by calling Patricia Dunnett at 1-506-251-5566.
In This Course / Mi'kmaq Language Course Description:
- Become familiar with the Mi'kmaq Alphabet
- Learn to write in the Mi'kmaq Language
- Gain an understanding of customs and traditions of the Mi'kmaq Peoples (ceremonies, story telling, songs, chants etc.)
-Increase their awareness of historical changes
-Participate in role play and class discussion using Mi'kmaq Language
-Learn to communicate, in every day conversation using Mi'kmaq Language
-Build confidence with enhanced knowledge of identity.
>> THIS COURSE IS 12 WEEKS AND FREE OF CHARGE <<